Spring school on the fundamental group scheme and related topics, May 5-6-7, 2014
| Address :
UMR CNRS-UNS N°7351
Université de Nice Sophia-Antipolis
06108 NICE Cedex 2
| Telephone Marco Antei : +33(0)4 92 07 62 58
Fax : +33(0)4 93 51 79 74
e-mail Marco Antei : Marco.Antei [at] unice [dot] fr
Aim of the schoolThe fundamental group scheme of a scheme defined over a field has been constructed by Nori in the 70s. It is a natural generalisation of the étale fundamental group. Since then its properties have been widely studied and many different further generalisations have been suggested. The aim of this meeting is to run through the history of the fundamental group scheme, starting from the first ideas due to Grothendieck to the most recent results. Being a school the main definitions will be recalled and several tools to understand this fascinating theory will be provided. This meeting is intended for students (Ph.D.), but also to post docs and young researchers, with a particular interest in algebraic geometry in positive characteristic.
- Marco Antei and Christian Pauly
- To attend the meeting or for any other information please send an
email to Marco Antei (see above).
Borne, Université de Lille 1, France
- Michel Emsalem, Université de Lille 1, France
- Hélène Esnault, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Marco Garuti, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy
- Adrian Langer, Uniwersytet Warszawski, Poland
- Axel Stäbler, Universität Mainz, Germany
- Tamás Szamuely, MTA Rényi Intézet, Budapest, Hungary
Here you can find a (temporary) program of the school.
Here you can find a list of participants which will constantly be updated.
Here you can find a short bibliography on some of the subjects that will be discussed at this school
- ANR project TOFIGROU
- Marie Curie project GEOMODULI
Maps and practical information
- Campus maps (in French). An email with full details in English will be sent to all the participants before the beginning of the meeting.
- Map for the hotels Villa Rose and Villa Saint Hubert (to the campus)
- Map For the hotels Nicea and Durante (to the tramway station Gare Thiers)
- Map for the hotel Floride (to the campus)
- Nice and the French Riviera (Côte d'Azur) according to Wikipedia.