INTERLOP ANR project
Basic idea of the project:
Develop new research directions in the
field of long range interacting systems, especially non conservative
ones. We will in particular have in mind an experimental system which
is not usually considered by long range interactions theorists, and
which allows a precise tuning of various parameters: a Magneto Optical
For more details, see the abstract of the ANR
- The INTERLOP project has now come to an end (Nov. 2012)...
- A workshop has been organized in Nice on November 3 and 4, 2011,
on "Vlasov limit and discrete effects for interacting particles;
self gravitating systems"
Organizers: J. Barré, P.H. Chavanis and B. Marcos.
- A Joint workshop INTERLOP/CECAM on long-range interacting systems
took place on August 27-31st, 2012 in Lyon.
- PhD opening: a joint PhD position Université de Nice / Nanyang
Technological University, Singapour is available. Subject: Mimicking a
gravitational-like force in a neutral cold gas: theory and
Publications of the project:
J. Barré, Y. Y Yamaguchi
"On algebraic damping close to inhomogeneous Vlasov equilibria in
multi-dimensional spaces" , J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 46
M. Chalony, J. Barré, B. Marcos, A. Olivetti, D. Wilkowski " Long-range
gravitational-like interaction in a neutral atomic cold gas",
Phys. Rev. A 87, 013401 (2013).
- J. Barré, A. Olivetti and Y.Y. Yamaguchi "Algebraic damping
in the one-dimensional Vlasov equation", J. Phys. A 44,
- A. Gabrielli, M. Joyce, B. Marcos "Quasi-stationary states
and the range of pair interactions", Phys. Rev. Lett. 105,
210602 (2010), arXiv:1004.511.
- S. Bux, E. Lucioni, H. Bender, T. Bienaime, K. Lauber, C.
Stehle, C. Zimmermann, S. Slama, Ph.W. Courteille, N. Piovella and R.
"Cooperative Scattering by Cold Atoms" J. Mod. Opt. 57,
- A. Olivetti, J. Barré, B. Marcos, F. Bouchet and R. Kaiser
Dynamics for Systems of Interacting Particles in the
Microcanonical and Canonical Descriptions", Transp. Theo. and
Stat. Phys. 39, 524 (2010).
- J. Barré, A. Olivetti and Y.Y. Yamaguchi "Dynamics of
around inhomogeneous backgrounds in the HMF model", J. Stat. Mech.
- J. Barré, M. Hauray, P.E. Jabin "Stability of trajectories
$N$-particles dynamics with singular potential", J. Stat. Mech.
Laboratoire Dieudonné, UMR CNRS 6621, Université de Nice-Sophia
Institut non Linéaire de Nice, UMR CNRS 6618, Université de Nice-Sophia
Julien Barré, Bruno Marcos and Alain Olivetti
Freddy Bouchet (INLN and ENS Lyon).