Contact InfoLaboratoire Jean-Alexandre DIEUDONNE
Université Côte d'Azur,
Faculté des Sciences - Parc Valrose
06108 Nice Cedex 2
+33 4 89 15 04 78
Batiment Fizeau, bureau 15-02
CNRS junior researcher at Université Côte d'Azur Ph.D, Applied Mathematics and Computational Biology.
I am an applied mathematician working in computational neuroscience. My research focuses on studying multi-scale dynamics in neurons. From synapses to neural networks, I am doing modeling and analysis of systems with multiple time and space scales, that combine continuum dynamics with stochastic effects. The main theme I am developing concerns the function of the elaborate morphology of the dendritic tree in collecting, processing and disseminating information. Keywords: Modeling in neuroscience, Computational biology, multi-scale modeling, PDEs, stochastic processes, Brownian simulations.
- CNRS junior researcher, Université Côte d'Azur, Laboratoire J.A. Dieudonné.
- 2019 - current .
- Postdoctoral study at the University of British Columbia.
- 2016 - 2019, under the supervision of Prs. Dan Coombs and Kurt Haas, in the mathematics department and the Brain Research Center. Experience-driven neural encoding Modeling calcium dynamic in Xenopus tadpoles brain neurons in response to controlled visual stimuli, to study their impact on the growing and the morphology of the neurons. The final goal is to better understand how neurons process information, and improve or shift their encoding in response to experience.
- PhD at École Normale Supérieure and Université Paris VI.
- 2011 - 2015, under the supervision of Pr. David Holcman., in the group Applied Mathematics and Computational Biology. Multi-scale modeling and asymptotic analysis for neuronal synapses and networks. Development and analysis of mathematical models, to determine how the properties of synapses at the molecular level shape their activity and propagate to the network level. I use several tools such as partial differential equations, stochastic processes and numerical simulations.
- Fellowship from Fyssen foundation 2016
- Funding for a two years postdoctoral position.
- Fellowship from Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale 2015
- Funding “Fin de thèse”, 12 months.
- Fellowship from Labex MemoLife 2014
- IBENS Funding, 4 months.
- Award Elsevier-AFFDU 2014.
- Master at Université Paris VI.
- 2010-2011, Master of Science and Technology, in Applied Mathematics and Modeling.
- Agrégation in Mathematics.
- 2009-2010, Teaching competitive exam.
- Student at École Normale Supérieure de Cachan.
- 2007-2011, Licence and Master with Unversité Paris VII and Université Paris VI.
- Guerrier C and Holcman D, " The first 100 nm inside the pre-synaptic terminal where calcium diffusion triggers vesicular release." Front. Synaptic Neurosci. 10:23 (2018)
- Sakaki K, Coleman P, Dellazizzo Toth T, Guerrier C and Haas K," Automating Event-detection of Brain Neuron Synaptic Activity and Action Potential Firing in vivo using a Random-access Multiphoton Laser Scanning Microscope for Real-time Analysis." 40th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (2018)
- Guerrier C and Holcman D," Multiscale models and stochastic simulation methods for computing rare but key binding events in cell biology" J. Comp. Phys. 340 pp.617-638 (2017)
- Basnayake KC, Guerrier C, Schuss Z and Holcman D, " Asymptotics of extreme statistics of escape time in 1,2 and 3-dimensional diffusions. " arXiv:1711.01330
- Guerrier C and Holcman D, " Hybrid Markov-mass action law model for cell activation by rare binding events: Application to calcium induced vesicular release at neuronal synapses. " Scientific Reports 6:35506 (2016) A short summary of the project including the Matlab source code is available here, on the website bionewmetrics.org.
- Guerrier C, " Multi-scale modeling and asymptotic analysis for neuronal synapses and networks. " Ph.D Thesis (2015)
- Guerrier C and Holcman D, "Search time for a small ribbon and application to vesicular release at neuronal synapses" SIAM MMS 13(4) pp. 1173-1193 (2015)
- Guerrier C, Hayes JA, Fortin G and Holcman D, " Robust network oscillations during mammalian respiratory rhythm generation driven by synaptic dynamics." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 112(31) pp.9728-33 (2015) A short summary of the project including the Matlab source code is available here, on the website bionewmetrics.org.
- Guerrier C and Holcman D, "Brownian search for targets hidden in cusp-like pockets: Progress and Applications" European Physical Journal ST 223 pp.3273-3285 (2014)
- Guerrier C, Korkotian E and Holcman D, "Calcium dynamics in neuronal microdomains: modeling, stochastic simulations and data analysis" In Jaeger D. jung R (eds.) Encyclopedia of Computational neuroscience pp.1-37 Springer New York Heidelberg Dordrecht London (2014).
- McGill Physiology seminar , McGill University, Montreal, Canada Dec 2020 Talk:
- CAMBAM zoominar , McGill University, Montreal, Canada May 2020 Talk: Modeling axon-myelin relationships: insights on signal propagation and modulation
- KIM MUSE Data and Life Sciences, Université de Montpellier, France Feb 2020 Talk: Asymptotic analysis of the narrow escape problem at a cusp. Application to multi-scale modeling of vesicular release.
- Workshop Dreams, Université Cote d'Azur, Nice, France Dec 2019 Talk: Emergence of spontaneous rhythmic patterns in the pre-Bötzinger Complex.
- Mini-course Institut NeuroMod, Université Cote d'Azur, Nice, France Dec 2019 Presentation of several tools to address multi-scale modeling in neuroscience
- Workshop ``Advanced asymptotics of PDEs and applications'', CRM Pisa, Italia Sept 2018 Talk: Asymptotic analysis and multi-scale modeling of vesicular release at neuronal synapses.
- Math-Bio Seminar , University of British Columbia Vancouver, Canada March 2018 Talk: Modeling calcium dendritic activity in Xenopus tadpole neurons.
- Math-Bio Seminar , University of British Columbia Vancouver, Canada Jan 2017 Talk: Multi-scale modelling of vesicular release at neuronal synapses.
- Facultad de Ciencas Exactas y Naturales , Universidad Nacional de CUYO, Mendoza, Argentina October 2016. Talk: Multi-scale modeling and simulations to compute the time distribution of vesicular release at neuronal synapses.
- Seminar of Laboratoire J.A. Dieudonné, Mathematics and interactions , Université Nice-Sopha Antipolis, Nice, France May 2016. Talk: Mathematical modeling and multiscale simulations for vesicular release at neuronal synapses.
- Conference "Les probabilités de demain", Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques, Bures-sur-Yvette, France May 2016. Talk: Asymptotic analysis for vesicular release at neuronal synapses
- International Workshop on Brownian Motion in Confined Geometries, Max-Planck Institute für Physik Komplexer Systeme, Dresden. March 2014. Poster: Diffusion in the confined pre-synaptic terminal.
- International Workshop on Cell Membranes, Institut Curie, Paris. March 2014. Poster: Emergence of spontaneous rythmic patterns in the pre-Bötzinger Complex.
- IBENS Internal Seminar , École Normale Supérieure, Paris. May 2012. Poster: Emergence of spontaneous rhythmic patterns in neural networks.
- QLS first year Graduate student supervision, McGill University, Montreal.
- Sept-Dec 2019 Project: Modeling axon-myelin relationships.
- Summer student supervision, McGill University, Montreal.
- Jul-Aug 2019 Project: Modeling axon-myelin relationships.
- Summer student supervision, UBC, Vancouver.
- July - Aug 2018 Project: Modeling Syphilis incidence in MSM population in Vancouver.
- Lecturer, UBC, Vancouver
- Applied Linear Algebra, Third year.
- Summer student supervision, UBC, Vancouver.
- May - Aug 2017 Project: Writing using the NEURON software a code for calcium dynamic in the dendritic tree.
- Open Science Network, Vancouver, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Mentoring Event (STEM)
- Nov 2017 Connecting high school students with STEM professionals.
- Lecturer, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris
Sept - Dec 2015
- Mathematical methods for modeling and analysis of neuronal networks, synaptic transmission and single photon response, 5ème année. In collaboration with J. Reingruber.
- Tutoring in Mathematics in Paris VI.
- Series and Integrals.
- Differential equations: theory and numerical approximations.
- Oral Examination in Classes Preparatoires.
- 2010-2012, Mathematics for Biology and Engineering.
- Tutoring in Mathematics in IUT d'Orsay.
- 2009-2010, Mathematics for Computer Science.