Laboratoire J.A. Dieudonné (LJAD)
Algèbre, Topologie et Géométrie
Sam van Gool and I are finishing a book for Cambridge University Press (delivery deadline December 2022): Topological Duality for Distributive Lattices: Theory and Applications. An incomplete preprint is available here.
DaLFI : Duality and Logic in the passage from the Finite to the Infinite, 17 November 2022, Paris, France
• Stone duality of spectral sheaves and the patch monad, with Clemens Berger.
• Substitution Principle and semidirect products, with Célia Borlido.
• A duality theoretic view on limits of finite structures: extended version, with Tomas Jakl and Luca Reggio. Logical Methods in Computer Science 18 (1), pp. 16:1-16:38 (2022).
• Quantifiers on languages and codensity monads (Extended version), with Daniela Petrisan and Luca Reggio. Mathematical Structures in Computer Science 30(10), pp. 1054-1088 (2020).
• A Cook's tour of duality in logic: from quantifiers, through Vietoris, to measures, with Tomas Jakl, and Luca Reggio. In Samson Abramsky on Logic and Structure in Computer Science and Beyond, Outstanding Contribution to Logic, A. Palmigiano and M. Sadrzadeh (eds.), Springer.
• A duality theoretic view on limits of finite structures, with Tomas Jakl and Luca Reggio. In Goubault-Larrecq and B. König (Eds.), Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures (FoSSaCS'20), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, volume 12077, pp. 299-318 (2020).
• A note on powers of Boolean spaces with internal semigroups, with Célia Borlido.
• Difference hierarchies and duality with an application to formal languages, with Célia Borlido, Andreas Krebs, and Howard Straubing. Topology and its Applications 273 (2020), 106975.
• Canonical extensions - an algebraic approach to Stone duality. Algebra Universalis 79 (3) 2018: 63
• An interpolant in predicate Gödel logic, with Matthias Baaz and Sam van Gool (preprint 2018)
• Stone Duality and the Substitution principle, with Silke Czarnetzki, Mai Gehrke, Andreas Krebs. Computer Science Logic:13:1-13:20 (2017)
• Stone duality for languages and complexity, with Andreas Krebs. ACM SIGLOG News 4 (2), April 2017, 29-53
• Sheaves and duality, with Sam van Gool. Journal of Pure and Applied Logic, 222 (8) (2018) 2164-2180
• Duality in Computer Science, Proceedings of the 31st Annual ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, LICS 2016, New York, NY, USA, July 5-8, 2016, 12-26
• Uniform Birkhoff, with Michael Pinsker. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra 222(5), 2018, 1242-1250
• From ultrafilters on words to the expressive power of a fragment of logic, with Andreas Krebs and Jean-Éric Pin. Proceedings of the 16th International Workshop on Descriptional Complexity of Formal Systems. Jürgensen et al (eds.), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 8614 (2014), 138−149
• Stone duality, topological algebra, and recognition, Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, Volume 220, Issue 7, July 2016, Pages 2711–2747
• Sheaf representations of MV-algebras and lattice-ordered abelian groups via duality, with Sam van Gool and Vincenzo Marra, Journal of Algebra 417 (2014), 290-332
• Distributive envelopes and topological duality for lattices via canonical extensions, with Sam van Gool. Order 31, Issue 3, (2014), 435-461
• Canonical extensions, Esakia spaces, and universal models, Chapter in Leo Esakia on duality in modal and intuitionistic logics, Trends in Logic (Outstanding Contributions subseries) 4 (2014), 9-41
· DuaLL, ERC project (2015-2021)
Jérémie Marques (since 2020)
Axel Osmond ( jointly supervised with Paul-André Melliès)
Candida Palma (dissertation)
Axel Osmond (2017)
Zaïdi Mehdi (thesis 2016)
Mirte Dekkers (thesis)
Julie Manisha de Montgomery Nørgaard
Arbeitstagung Allgemeine Algebra – Lecture on Canonical extensions, duality theory, and Formal Concept Analysis, November 2-4, 2007, TU Darmstadt, Germany.
Second Indian Winter School on Logic – Course on Algebraic Logic, January 14-26, 2008, IIT Kanpur, India.
LINZ 2008, Foundations of Lattice-Valued Mathematics with Applications to Algebra and Topology – Lecture, 12-16 February, 2008, Linz, Austria.
DIAMANT/EIDMA Symposium – Lecture, 29-30 May, 2008, Leiden, the Netherlands.
ManyVal'08, Applications of topological dualities to measure theory in algebraic many-valued logic – Lecture, May 19-21, 2008, Milano, Italy.
E.W.Beth Centenary Minisymposium on Mathematical Logic, 5th European Congress of Mathematics (5ECM), Lecture: Duality theory as a Rosetta Stone for relational semantics, July 15, Amsterdam, Netherland.
Visiting Professorship, PPS, Université de Paris Diderot – Paris 7, July 2008.
BLAST 2008, Lecture: Duality for MV-algebras, 6-10 August, 2008, Boulder, Colorado.
Sheaves in Geometry and Quantum Theory, a three-day workshop on the interplay between logic, topology/geometry and quantum theory, 3-5 September 2008.
AiML 2008, Advances in Modal Logic, Lecture: Using duality theory to export methods from modal logic, 9-12 September, Nancy, France.
Workshop on Algebraic Logic ICLA 2009, Program Committee, January 7-11 2009.
Algebra and Geometry Seminar, An overview of canonical extensions of lattices, Laboratoire de Mathematiques Nicolas Oresme, Caen, France, January 27 2009.
Duality, Oratie, Radboud Universiteit, Nijmgen, NL, March 12 2009.
Leiden Mathematics Colloquium, Duality as a Rosetta Stone, Leiden University, Leiden, NL, April 2, 2009.
Van Melsen Prijs, Opening of ceremony, FNWI, Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen, NL, April 3, 2009.
Semantics Colloquium, Relational semantics for substructural logic, Nijmegen Center for Semantics, Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen, NL, May 12, 2009.
Mathematical Logic in the Netherlands 2009 (MLNL09), Organiser, Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen, NL, May 25-26 2009.
AAA78, Arbeitstagung Allgemeine Algebra 78, Advances in topological duality theory, Bern, Switzerland, June 11-14, 2009.
Topology, Algebra, and Categories in Logics 2009 (TACL), Program Committee, Amsterdam, NL, July 7-11 2009.
Seventh Panhellenic Logic Symposium (PLS7), Invited talk, Patras, Greece, July 15-19 2009.
Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science 2009 (CALCO), Invited talk, Udine, Italy September 6-10 2009.
8th International Tbilisi Symposium on Language, Logic, and Computation, Tutorial on Logic, Tbilisi, Georgia, September 21-25, 2009.
Dagstuhl Seminar, Coalgebraic Logics, Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, December 6-9, 2009.
MLNL 2010, 27-28 May 2010, Utrecht
DIAMANT/EIDMA Symposium Spring 2010, 27-28 May 2010, Nunspeet
Séminaire Complexité, Logique et Informatique, Groupe de Logique, 1 june, Paris
Séminaire de l’institut Gaspard-Monge, 22 juin, Marne-la-Vallée
ICALP 2010, July 5-10, 2010, Bordeaux
Tbilisi Topology Workshop 2010, June 8-10, 2010, Tbilisi
Logic Colloquium 2010, July 25-31, Paris
Categorical information flow in quantum physics and linguistics, 29-31 October 2010, CompLab, Oxford
Logique, catégories, sémantique, 12-13 November 2010, Bordeaux
DIAMANT/EIDMA Symposium, 25-26 November 2010, Lunteren
Workshop on Modal Logic and Stone Duality, 13 December 2010, ILLC, Amsterdam
PhDs in Logic III, 17-18 February 2011, Brussels
Workshop on Universal models, 24 February 2011, Amsterdam
Mathematics Colloquium, Korteweg-de Vries Institute, UvA, 20 April 2011, Amsterdam
Mathematical Logic in the Netherlands 2011 (MLNL11), Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Groningen, NL, May 19-20 2011.
European Women in Mathematics Summer School, 6-10 June 2011, Leiden
Second International Conference in Order, Algebra and Logics, 6 - 10 June 2011, Krakow
Topology, Algebra, and Categories in Logic (TACL 2011), 25-30 July, Marseille
36th International Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science (MFCS 2011), 22-26 August 2011, Warsaw
Ordered Groups and Lattices in Algebraic Logic, 20-23 September 2011, Tbilisi
Concept Lattices and their Applications, 17-21 October 2011, Nancy
ALCOP 2012, 16-18 April 2012, Prague
DIAMANT Symposium, 31 May-1 June 2012, Nunspeet
FREC meeting, 4-7 June 2012, Bordeaux
Duality theory in algebra, logic, and computer science, June 13-14 and August 15-17, 2012, Oxford
Coalgebraic Logics, 7-12 October 2012, Dagstuhl
CUSO Winter School in Mathematics and Computer Science: Proof and Computation, 27-31 January 2013, Les Diablerets
PhDs in Logic V, 8-10 April 2013, München
ALCOP 2013, April 18-20 2013, Utrecht
A scientific meeting in honor of Antonino Salibra, July 1-2 2013, Paris
Duality in Computer Science, 29 July- 2 August 2013, Dagstuhl
Boolean algebras, Lattices, Algebraic Logic, Set Theory, and Topology (BLAST 2013), August 5-9 2013, Chapman University, Orange
Workshops on Duality and Probabilistic Systems (Belairs Research Center, McGill University), Holetown, Barbados, March 2014
Frontiers of Recognizability, Centre International de Rencontres Mathématiques (CIRM), 28-30 April 2014
Séminaire "Des Mathématiques", 2 avril, ENS Ulm, Paris
AAA88 Workshop on General Algebra, Warsaw, 19-22 June 2014
TOLO4 International Workshop on Topological Methods in Logic IV, Tbilisi, 23-27 June 2014
AiML 2014 Advances in Modal Logic, Groningen, August 5-8 2014
SLS2014 Scandinavian Logic Symposium, Tampere, 25-27 August 2014
Domains XI, 8-10 September 2014, Paris
BEYOND 2014, Florence, 3-5 December 2014
Descriptive Set Theory Seminar, Théorie de Eilenberg-Reiterman et dualité de Stone, Paris 6, 24 March 2015
Visit, Logic group, University of Milan, 31 May- 6 June 2015
Member of CoNRS section 41 lead by the National Institute of Mathematical sciences and their interactions (INSMI), 2012-2015
TACL 2015, Ischia, 21-26 June 2015
Duality in Computer Science, Dagstuhl seminar, 25-30 October 2015
Logic, Algebra and Truth Degrees 2016, Phalaborwa, South Africa, 28-30 June 2016
LICS 2016, New York City, NEW York, 5-9 July 2016
Logic Colloquium, Berkeley, November 4, 2016
Logical Structures in Computation, Simon’s Institute, UC Berkeley, 17 August – 16 December, 2016
37th Linz Seminar on Fuzzy Set Theory: Enriched category theory and related topics, Linz Austria, February 7-10, 2017
Mathematics Colloquium, University College Cork, February 16, 2017
Topology, Algebra, and Categories in Logic 2017, Prague, June 26-30, 2017
Logic Colloquium ’17, Stockholm, August 14-20, 2017
CSL 2017, Stockholm, August 20-24, 2017
Logical Structures in Computation Reunion Workshop, Simons Institute, Berkeley, 11-14 December 2017
Journée Niçoises : Logique catégorique, topos et dualités, Laboratoire J.A. Dieudonné, Nice, 8-12 January 2018
Non-commutative structures 2018, Portorož, 23-27 May 2018
SGSLPS Spring school, Bern, May 28 2018
International Workshop on Topological Methods in Logic (Tolo VI), Tbilisi , 2-6 July 2018
International conference on semigroups, Lisbon, July 11-14, 2018
Computability in Europe 2018, Kiel, 30 July – 3 August 2018
AiML 2018, Bern, 27-31 August 2018
Achim Jung Fest, 8 September 2018
Workshop on Algebra, Logic and Topology, Coimbra, 27-29 September, 2018
Topological and categorical methods in algebra, with Carlos Simpson, 2nd trimester Master 2 course - 6 ECTS (2018-19)
Mathematics Colloquium, University of Oregon, 15 April 2019
Algebra seminar, University of Oregon, 17 April 2019
Lonseth Alumni Lecture, Oregon State University, 19 April 2019
De la triangulation p-adique à la théorie des modèles des algèbres de Heyting, et vice-versa, rapporteur, Fall 2019, HDR, Luck Darniere, Université d’Angers.
Circularity in Syntax and Semantics (CISS 2019), invited speaker, 20-22 November 2019
Logic and Structure in Computer Science and Beyond (LSCSB), participant, December 9-13 2019, Lorentz Center@Oort – Leiden
Symbolic reasoning and formal logics, with Carlos Simpson, 2nd trimester Master 2 course Math-Info UCA - 6 ECTS (2019-20)
99th Arbeitstagung Allgemeine Algebra, invited speaker, 21-23 February 2020, Siena
Resources and co-resources workshop, 25-27 March, Cambridge
15th Workshop on Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science (CMCS 2020), 25-26 April, Dublin
47th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP), PC member, 8-12 July 2020, Beijing
18th Relational and Algebraic Methods in Computer Science (RAMICS), PC member, 8-11 April 2020, Palaiseau
19th Relational and Algebraic Methods in Computer Science (RAMICS), co-organiser, 1-4 November 2021, Luminy
ERC funded project DuaLL running September 2015 to end of August 2021. For more information see DuaLL
· Pictures of my kids (2009)